Bexley young carers
Are you a young carer in Bexley?
Support services for young carers in Bexley are provided by Imago Young Carers. Being a young carer can have a negative impact on a young person such as low confidence and self-esteem, low educational attendance & attainment and poor physical & mental health.
It is Imago’s aim to reduce the negative and highlight the positive impact of being a carer such as increased resilience, empathy, non-judgmental attitude and caring nature.
Imago delivers a support service to anyone aged 8-18 living in Bexley who is taking on caring responsibilities for a family with a long-term illness, disability, mental health or substance misuse issue.
Imago will enable young carers to receive some respite from their caring responsibilities, socialise with their peers and receive tailored support and information. They provide social groups for young carers called Chill Clubs.
For further information, including how to make a referral, please contact Imago Young Carers:
The Imago young carers hub is open Monday–Friday 9–5pm for you to call to talk about young carers’ needs. The hub can provide information, advice and signposting.
Carers’ Support Bexley is a registered charity who provide information, support and break for carers within the borough. Services include:
- A breaks service – volunteers who come into your home and take over the caring so that you can go out, or even go away overnight or for a holiday
- information about services for carers in the London Borough of Bexley
- A ‘Guide to Services for Carers’
- A regular newsletter to keep you up-to-date with new services, benefits information and other news
- A worker who can talk to you on the telephone and help to identify sources of local help
- Advice about welfare benefits and help with completing claim forms
- Volunteers who can offer emotional support and a listening ear for carers who are isolated
- Support and information for stroke survivors and their carers
- Support Groups where you can meet with other carers
- Our Support Worker Service can provide flexible help at home with shopping, meals, company, light housework, trips to appointments, and trips out. This service does not provide personal care, but apart from that, they can be flexible to your needs.
For more information, contact Carers’ Support Bexley via their website:
Phone: 0208 302 8011