The definition of bullying used in Bexley is:
- Behaviour by an individual or group usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically, emotionally or mentally
- A power imbalance in favour of the aggressor
- A victim who cannot match that power
- It is repeated often over a period of time.
Young people in Bexley also describe bullying as:
- Unjustified/unprovoked actions taken against someone
- Making someone so uncomfortable it becomes unbearable by even just the presence of another
- Intimidation including anti-social behaviour by a group.
The NSPCC have provided a useful webpage of how to spot the signs of bullying and cyberbullying:
Bullying UK have a wide range of resources with advice on how to spot the signs of bullying and what to do if your child is being bullied:
Kidscape have developed a leaflet to help professionals notice the signs of bullying and create an anti-bullying strategy: