Date(s) - December 13, 2023
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Bexley: A Think Family Approach
When: Wednesday 13th December 23, 1.00pm – 3.00pm
Where: Online Via Microsoft teams
In partnership with Bexley Safeguarding Adults Board, A Think Family protocol and practice guidance was launched in September 2021 following a Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review where there were lessons for both partnerships around working with adults and children within one family by taking a joined-up approach (‘Think Family’).
Chris McCree, SLAM, Parental Mental Health Lead will facilitate these sessions together with Joanna Gibbons, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Helping Families Team.
Learning Aims and Objectives
- To provide an opportunity to reflect on the key elements of multiagency working
- To develop an understanding of a ‘think family approach’ to parental mental health and children’s well-being
- To increase understanding of parent vulnerability and the impact on the child or young person
- Embed the family model in practice across services in Bexley by helping staff articulate the barriers and experience the benefits.
- Build on systemic work with families in children’s services and existing good practice in developing a more joined up understanding between children’s and adults workforce
- Facilitate an improved understanding about use of Bexley Think Family Protocol and how this could enhance work with parents who experience mental health and or other vulnerabilities .
This training is part of the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot for charging for non-attendance.
This event is fully booked.