Date(s) - September 27, 2022
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Metro Charity workshop on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Awareness (SOGI) will explore and demystify sexual orientation and gender identity and help participants create more inclusive safe spaces and challenge homophobic, biphobic, transphobic and sexist language and bullying.
- Resources available and ways to support
- Appropriate terms, and language, and also stereotypes and micro-aggressions to look out for
- Suggested practical responses to improve inclusivity
- How to develop safer spaces that celebrate difference
- Developing supportive networks and allies
- Addressing negative language and stereotypes
- Specific available resources for young people
- Identify discrimination based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity and its impact
- Develop awareness of sexuality and gender including: appropriate terms, stereotypes, micro-aggressions and in creating safe spaces
- Develop confidence to support LGBTQ+ people
Online : Via Zoom
As there is a maximum number of participants for this training course, please can you register your expression of interest for this training by completing the online booking form, confirmation of your booking will be depended on number of applications and ensuring we have a spread of agencies in attendance.
Level 3 Training for health professionals
Bookings are closed for this event.