Date(s) - February 23, 2022
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
When: Wednesday 23rd February & Friday 25th February 2022 (9am – 12.30pm)
Where: Online Training via MS Teams
Who Should Attend?
Training is open to any professional who works in statutory or voluntary organisations, including faith and community groups within Bexley.
These courses are typically for local police officers, children’s social workers, Adult social care, community safety partnerships, health practitioners (including GP’s, health visitors, midwives etc) housing officers, substance misuse workers, mental health staff, teachers, children’s centres and other non-specialist voluntary and community workers.
Duration: 1 day training course split over 2 mornings
Level 3 Training:
A comprehensive 2-day training course that covers different types of abuse, stalking & harassment, routine enquiry, Johnsons Typology, DASH risk assessment, MARAC (multi agency risk assessment conference) and safety planning.
ALL front line staff should ensure they attend this course as a minimum. This course is mandatory for all social care staff.
- Understand the legislation and definition of domestic abuse.
- Understand the different types of abuse and how to recognise them
- Have an in depth knowledge of the stages of change, cycle of abuse and Johnson’s Typology
- Understanding the impact of stalking and harassment and best practice
- Know the risk factors associated with Domestic Abuse and be able to respond appropriately to the signs of domestic abuse and its effects
- Understand the DASH (2009) Risk Identification, Assessment and Management Model and how to use it
- To enable participants to recognise professional roles and responsibilities in relation to risk identification and management
- To understand how this relates to risk management including MARAC
- Understand the responsibility in relation to: risk identification, assessment and management and the DASH process
- Understand the importance of accurate risk identification and assessment to identify high risk for serious harm and homicide.
Please note by booking onto this date you will receive the training link for both half day sessions.
Suitable as Level 3 / Specialist Level 3 training for Health Professionals
Bookings are closed for this event.