The safeguarding champion role is central to the ‘Back to Practice’ model – champions act as a focal point in passing on learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews and multi-agency learning reviews.
Bexley Safeguarding Children’s Board (BSCB) established the role of safeguarding champion in 2016. The current role profile is set out below:
- To be a focal point for Bexley S.H.I.E.L.D. in passing on learning from Child Safeguarding Practice Case Reviews, multi-agency learning reviews, audits and local / national priorities to staff within your setting
- We would like you to attend 3 workshops a year, where you will be given this information in a multi-agency setting and have the opportunity of talking it through with colleagues from other agencies
- Within your work setting, we ask that you cascade this information to your colleagues e.g. through team meetings / training events / supervision
- It would be helpful to meet with your line manager to discuss your champion role, our expectations of you and how you can take this forward.
- You will be on our mailing list to receive bulletins / updates on relevant information to pass on to your colleagues.
- We will ask for your views on whether learning has made a difference to practice.
- We also want to hear from you about what is working well in your setting and what are the challenges in respect of working together to safeguard children and young people in Bexley.